Here come the excuses:
- There were exams (lots of exams and even more studying)
- Then there were work functions
- Then I got lazy and unmotivated
- Then just as I was about to do something I got injured and got sidelined from doing anything
Well here is my accountability!
Monday will see me getting back on the band wagon and I’ll try to keep you all up to date with my progress.
For info these are my starting stats:
Height: 5ft 4.5in (that half an inch is very important to me)
Weight: 65kg (the heaviest I have ever been)
Dress size: US 8 (UK 12)
Feeling: very demoralised!! These stats and photos are extremely hard for me to see. We all have a starting point and mine is here. It may not look big to some of you but right now I am in the middle of a body image crisis. There is only one thing for it, I need to take back control of how I am treating my body and start taking care of it again.
Plan of action:
- I will work out in my office buildings gym 3 times a week. This will consist of my rehab exercises (there are many and I will post more about these later) and some weights and core exercises and 10 minutes on the stationary bike.
- I will go to 30MinuteHit (I’ll go into detail about this in a later post but basically it’s a 30-minute kickboxing circuit class) at least 2 times a week.
- I will go to yoga for runners once a week.
- Eventually, I will start running again, once my Physio gives me the all clear, and I aim to complete the Vancouver rock n roll half marathon in October of this year (which I am signed up for).
- I will cut out the “snacks” I’ve been indulging in at work on a daily basis and start treating them as they should be, treats to be enjoyed on occasion not daily.
- I will start concentrating on my portion control.
- Most importantly – I will check in with my accountability buddy every few days! My friend (who lives on the other side of the world to me has also been going through a body image crisis and started to take care of herself at the beginning of this year. Since then she has found a new lease of life, got more energy, and now lives her body (yes it helps when you drop two dress sizes but most importantly for her, she is at a healthy sustainable place). That is my aim too, so check-ins every few days will help to keep me motivated and accountable. I hate having to tell her I skipped my work out because I didn’t want to.
Ok now let’s see if this new workout regime is leniproof!